Sandwell African Caribbean Mental Health Foundation (SACMHF) is our charity which provides a range of culturally sensitive services predominantly but not exclusively for Black African, Caribbean, Black dual heritage people who are recovering from mental ill health, their families, carers, and the wider community.
Our vision is the best quality of life for people who are affected by mental ill health.
This is based on being person centred and holistic to better suit the individual’s bespoke needs. Services are evidenced based and outcomes are captured on tailored software.
- Established since 1994, over the years SACMHF has positively influenced the lives of thousands of Black African, Caribbean, Black dual heritage people who are recovering from mental ill health, their families, carers and the wider community.
- We regularly secure funding opportunities from a reputable global foundation to National/local trusts, and local government to deliver our services and projects.
- We are a team of highly trained professionals with decades of combined of experience.
- We have an extensive network of stakeholders who we work closely with including our local MP, certain of our Local Authority councillors, businesses, local churches, the organisations that make up our consortium (Communities in Sync) and local/national organisations and providers.
- Encourage Your Team to Volunteer – Volunteers help us to achieve our fundraising objectives. Volunteers are supported with supervision, training, participation in events and paid expenses. Volunteers can work with certain of the services or run projects for us or a Volunteer can become a Trustee and sit on our Board of trustees to help us govern our charity
- Hold a Fundraiser for us – Hold a sponsored event like a bake sale etc We now aim to raise 5% of our total running costs from fundraising. You could help.
- Hire our office space (evenings and weekends)
- Charity of the Year (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Donate directly via our website
Contact our Business Development & Fundraising Manager to find out more or complete the contact us form below.